ADULT & FAMILY MINISTRY
Ministries That Help Adults Love God and Neighbor
To find out more about our current monthly activity, click here.
2019 Adult & Family Activities (Tentative)
January 19th — Come out for a HIKE at Veteran’s Oasis Park
February 16th — Enjoy a PANCAKE BREAKFAST
March 16th — PICNIC
April — No Event due to Easter
May 18th — Come BOWL at Bowlero in Gilbert
June 15th — GAME NIGHT
July 20th — Hale Theatre Production: CHITTY, CHITTY BANG BANG
August 17th — STARFIGHTER’S ARCADE
September 21st — MINI-GOLF at Swingin’ Safari Mini Golf
October 19th — Share your talent at the TALENT SHOW
November 16th — ANNUAL DINNER THEATRE
December 21st — Christmas Party at Chandler United Methodist Church
Sunday School for Adults
Spirit Seekers — Sundays 8:30 AM
All adults are invited to attend.
Spirit Seekers is currently studying all the letters NOT written by Paul, beginning with Hebrews.
Please prayerfully consider joining this class, as it provides an opportunity for fellowship, study, and spiritual growth.
Any questions or for further information, contact Bob or Carol McCartney, 480-209-1427.
L.I.F.E. (LIVE IN FAITH EVERY DAY) GROUP
Adult Bible Study
All Adults are Welcome
Tuesdays, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
L.I.F.E. Group Bible Study Meets Year Round
You are invited to come to the LIFE (Live in Faith Every day) group for a discussion-type format with friends at Chandler UMC. Our group meets weekly at 10:00 am on Tuesday mornings in room 104-105. Our study material consists of the discussion of four related scriptures from both Testaments that connect in a common theme.
Our group considers the connections between the scriptures and their daily lives. We endeavor to live our faith in our community and the world.
Below are some comments made by class members when asked why they attend our LIFE group:
“To get other perspectives on Scripture and to increase my knowledge of the Bible.”
“I come to get to know people better and to know the Bible better.”
“’Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success,’ Proverbs 15:22. “This is what Bible study does for me.”
All adults are welcome to participate. No previous knowledge of the Bible is necessary. This is one way that we can “connect” with others and “deepen” our faith.
1. Bible study – each week passages from Hebrew scripture, Gospels, Psalms, and epistles will be discussed and compared as they relate to our lives.
2. Prayer – time will be devoted to praying for each other, joys and concerns, the church and the world.
3. Support – each participant will be supported by the group with special care taken when needs arise.
4. Fellowship – nurturing friendship within the group and reaching out to invite others to join us with the goal of making all welcome.
5. Mission outreach – knowing that an essential element of our faith is tending to the needs of others, we intentionally participate in supporting CUMC’s mission efforts and projects. The group may decide to consider additional projects.